Gregorio Vardánega (1923-2007) was born in Passagno, Treviso, Italy. He moved to Buenos Aires in 1926. In 1939 he began his artistic training at the National Academy of Fine Arts, graduating in 1946 as a drawing teacher. He joined the Concrete Art-Invention Association, participating in several of his exhibitions. He was a founding member of the New Art Association and the Argentine Non-Figurative Artists Group (ANFA). In 1957 he integrated the submission presented at the IV International Biennial of Sao Paulo and, the following year, participated in the International Exhibition in Brussels, where he obtained a Gold Medal. In 1959 he decided to settle in Paris, a city in which he exhibited his works regularly in well-known Institutions, such as: Salon de France-Amérique, Paris, France (1959); Galerie Denise René, Paris, France (1961, 1963 1966); Galerie Creuze (1962); Musée d’Art Moderne, Paris, France (1962, 1967); Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville in Paris, France (1964); Di Tella Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina (1966); Grand Palais, Paris, France (1978-1982); Rachel Adler Gallery, New York, USA (1990); Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA (1993) and The Americas Society, New York, USA (2001), among others.
His work is included in public collections such as the Center Georges Pompidou, the National Fund for Contemporary Art and the National Museum of Modern Art in Paris, France; the Museum of Latin American Art of Buenos Aires (MALBA), the Torcuato Di Tella Foundation and the National Museum of Fine Arts of Buenos Aires, Argentina; Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Israel; the Museum of Fine Arts of Houston (MFAH) and the Museum of Geometric Art and MADI, Dallas, Texas; The Cisneros Fontanals Foundation (CIFO), Miami, USA; the Recklinghausen Museum, Recklinghausen, Germany, among many others.
Couleurs en Diffusion B , 1969.
Enameled and polished stainless steel, acrylic, lighting elements, 34.3 x 33 x 17.8 cm.