Edgardo Giménez (1942) was born in Santa Fe, Argentina. Self-taught artista, Giménez began his career working in advertising graphics. In painting and sculpture he had numerous group and individual exhibitions, and retrospectives in the National Museum of Fine Arts (1997) and the Museum of Modern Arts of Buenos Aires (1987), Argentina.
As a graphic designer, he participated in several projects in Japan, USA, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Poland among others cities. In 1987, he participated in the exhibition “The Most Beautiful Posters in the World” at the Gran Palais in Paris, sponsored by the UNESCO.
In Arquitecture, he performed: Blue House (1970-72), exhibited at the MoMA of NY at the exhibition “Transformations in Modern Architecture” (1979); Red House (1976); Yellow House (1979-1981) White House; and Golden House of Columns (1987) in Buenos Aires.
In 1985 he obtained el Premio Lápiz de Plata, Bienal Diseño. He produced two books: Edgardo Gimenez; Arts and Politics (2007), Romero Brest: Culture as a Provocation. He served as art director of Teatro San Martin (1980-1983), with domestic and foreign distinctions. He made the graphic and institutional image of the Colon Theatre (1983-1984) and in 1997 he obtained the Leonardo Prize of the National Museum of Fine Arts of Buenos Aires. He was in charge of the direction of visual communication for the Ministry of Culture of the Buenos Aires government (2000-2006).
His works are in the following collections, museums and foundations: National Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Modern Art of Buenos Aires, Macro Rosario, Federico Klemm, Fortabat Museum, Ignacio Pirovano; Argentine Art Permanent of Casa Rosada ; MoMA, New York; Library of Congress , Washington; Museum of Contemporary Art Chile; Narodowe Museum, Poland; and important private collections.